Overnight oats (adapted from Derval O’Rourke)
60g porridge oats
30g frozen raspberries
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp nuts (flaked almonds work well)
1 tsp organic maple syrup
- Combine the milk, oats, raspberries and chia seeds in a large bowl.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl. Cover and leave to soak overnight in the fridge.
- The next morning, top with the nuts and maple syrup and serve.
Kickstart Granola (from Glenville Nutrition)
2 cups oats
2 cups mixed nuts
1 ½ cups mixed seeds
½ – 1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ – 1 tsp vanilla powder
1 banana, well mashed (optional)
Zest of 1 orange (optional)
3 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 160C
- Place oats, nuts, seeds, cinnamon and vanilla in a bowl and mix well
- Add in banana puree and / or orange zest and mix until thoroughly distributed
- Beat egg whites into stiff peaks and fold through granola mix
- Spread out on baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake for 20 – 25 minutes until crispy. Stir a couple of times during cooking to break up clusters and ensure granola roasted throughout
- Will keep for up to 2 weeks in airtight container
This makes an ideal breakfast or snack. Serve 2 – 4 tbsp. with fresh fruit and natural yoghurt or coconut yoghurt.
To make a healthy berry crumble, heat a pack of frozen berries until bubbling, add 1 tbsp. honey and cook on a low heat for another minute. Place in individual ramekins and top with granola clusters.Download Recipe